Hmm, you want to have a doula but you are not sure where the fee will come from in your budget. Here are some suggestions for helping you to come up with the needed funds:
- You could list having a doula as one of your needed/wanted items for your baby shower.
- Some doulas give gift certificates.
- Some doulas will accept credit cards or paypal.
- I give a $50 reduction on overall fee if the full fee is paid by 38weeks.
- Friends or family members can contribute to having a doula.
- Hold a raffle, an example would be a 50/50 raffle. You sell tickets (for example for a dollar). You keep half the raised amount and the winner of the raffle gets the other half.
- Hold a yard sale. Can even ask for donations of items to sell.
- Host a Bunco event. Everyone who participates donates a set amount. (the one I attended was like $10) The group plays a set number of games. Have prizes for the person with most Buncos, least Buncos, etc.
- Use a fundraising website, such as this one